Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Apple Raisin Bread Pudding

If you follow my Blog, you know how much I like Bread Pudding. I still have my favorite recipe for it but I do have a variety of options available. I also like Apples and Raisins. This recipe is a perfect addition to my Bread Pudding Recipe Collection.


Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 2qt. Baking Dish, well Buttered.

Jonagold apples are a cross between Golden Delicious and the Jonathan, an old American variety from the 1820s. Jonagold apples tend to be large in size and have excellent dessert flavor.




3 C Chopped Apples that have been Cored and Peeled.
2 TBS Butter
3 C  of 1" Cubed, Day Old French Baguette Bread.
1/2 C Golden Raisins
4 Large Eggs
1 C Half and Half
1 C Whole Milk
1/3 C Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice (recipe to follow)
1 tsp Vanilla

In a Cast Iron Skillet on Medium High Heat:
Butter
Apples
Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened.

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Bread
Apples
Raisins
Toss well with a Wooden Spoon.
Spoon into the Baking Dish.


In a large Mixing Bowl:
Eggs
Half and Half
Milk
Sugar
Apple Pie Spice
Vanilla
Whisk Well.
Pour over the Bread Mixture.
Don't Mix again.

Cover with Plastic Wrap and Refrigerate overnight.
Bake uncovered for 50 - 60 minutes until Golden Brown.
Serve immediately garnished with Whipped Cream.





Homemade Apple Pie Spice:
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp All Spice
1/8 tsp Cardamom
I usually make a large recipe of this and keep in in the Pantry in a Jar.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment