Friday, March 18, 2016

Cream of Corn Soup

I love Soup and I have a lot of Soup Recipes on the Blog. I make Soup during the entire year. In the Winter I make it every weekend.
I was surprised to see that I've never posted my recipe for Cream of Corn Soup.

Cream of Corn Soup

4 TBS Butter
1/2 C Diced Onion
1 C Diced Celery
2 1/2 C Water
2 C Cubed Raw Potato
2 C Frozen Corn
1 - 14 oz. Can of Creamed Corn
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
3 TBS Flour
3 C Half and Half

In a Large Soup pot on Medium Heat:
Butter
Heat until melted.

Ad:
Flour
Whisk well until completely incorporated.

Add:
Onion
Celery
Cook and additional 5 minutes. Stir often.

Add:
Water
Potato
Corn
Creamed Corn
Salt
Pepper
Whisk well.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes.

Add:
Half and Half.
Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir often as it thickens.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment