Thursday, March 17, 2016

Apple Pie Cake in a Springform Pan served with Homemade Whipped Cream

I've talked about Apples in many of my recipes. I grew up in Michigan where Apple Orchards were all around us. We would enter the neighbor's orchard and pick apples. I'm sure we must have had a stomach ache many times from eating Green Apples, but it was just what we did as kids.We managed to escape getting caught!
This is a great Pie/Cake combination. I have a Springform Pan with a Tempered Glass Bottom and I don't remove it when serving anything made in it. I simply transfer the dessert to a Serving Platter.
I included my recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe to garnish individual servings.

Jonagold Apple



Apple Pie Cake in a Springform Pan

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1- 10" Springform Pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (Equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

8 Jonagold Apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
1 1/2 TBS of Cinnamon/Sugar. (1 1/4 TBS Cinnamon with 1 1/4 TBS of Granulated Sugar)
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 C Superfine Sugar. (Granulated Sugar gently pulsed in a Food Processor)
1 1/2 C Vegetable Oil
3 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 C Flour
(additional Cinnamon/Sugar for dusting before baking)

Layer Apple Slices in the Pan. Start on the outer edge and layer in a circle until all of the Apples have been used.
Sprinkle with additional Cinnamon/Sugar.


In a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment:
Eggs
Sugar
Mix until Pale Yellow.

Add:
Oil
Vanilla
Beat until well combined.

Add:
Flour, slowly, until fully incorporated.

Pour Batter over the Apples.
Bang the Pan several times on a hard surface to distribute the Batter into the Apples.

Bake 1 hour.
Remove the Pan to a Rack to cool completely.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will help set the Apples.
Release the sides of the Pan, leaving the cake on the removable bottom and transfer it
to a Serving Platter to slice and serve.

Heat individual slices in a Microwave or serve at Room Temperature.
Servings can be garnished with Homemade Whipped Cream.

This is my favorite recipe for homemade Whipped Cream.



Homemade Whipped Cream:

1 C Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
1 TBS Confectioner's Sugar.
Whip the Cream in a Stand Mixer with a Whisk Attachment.
Beat to Soft Peak.
Add:
Vanilla
Confectioner's Sugar
Beat to Stiff Peak.
Transfer to a Serving Bowl to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment