Sunday, May 18, 2014

Chocolate Caramel and Pecan Bars

There's something enticing about a Bar Dessert. There are so many varieties to choose from. It's certainly a very popular dessert during Thanksgiving and Christmas in America. I remember my Grandmother and Aunt making a variety of fruit bars during the holidays.
This recipe is filled with Chocolate, Caramel and Pecans, three of my favorite ingredients in a dessert.
This recipe is adapted from ChocolateChocolateandmore.

2 C Crushed Vanilla Wafers
1/2 C Butter (1 stick) melted
2 (12 oz.) bags of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 - (11 oz.) bags of Kraft Premium Caramel Bits
2 1/4 C chopped Pecans, divided
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Here's what you'll need:
 1 - 9" X 13" baking dish, greased well with my Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each, mixed well. I keep it in the refrigerator until I need it. I always have some on hand for all of my baking needs.


In a mixing bowl:
Vanilla Wafers
Melted Butter
Mix by hand until the mixture is well combined.
Spread and press evenly in the baking dish.

Layer the remaining ingredients in the following order:
1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
Caramel
2 Cups of Pecans
Remaining bag of Chocolate Chips
1/4 C Pecans
Drizzle evenly with the Condensed Milk

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Cut into squares to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment