Saturday, May 24, 2014

Apricot Pudding

This is another vintage recipe from one of my Mennonite Recipe Books.
I've adapted it a bit to make it contemporary.

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 8" X 8" baking pan, greased with my Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) Mix well and keep in a jar in the refrigerator. I start with 1 C of each and always have it available for all of my baking needs. I use a pastry brush to grease the pans well. If you're baking in a Bundt Pan with a detailed design, this is a fool proof release mixture.

1/2 C Butter
1 C Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 C Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda dissolved in 3 tsp of Buttermilk
1 C of really good chunky Apricot Jam

In a Stand Mixer with a paddle attachment:
Butter
Sugar
Beat 3 minutes until light and creamy and the sugar is dissolved completely.
Add Eggs, One at a time until each one is incorporated.
Add remaining ingredients and mix just until combined.

Pour into the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
Serve with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment