Monday, December 24, 2012

Marie Gallagher's Curried Fruit Casserole, Palatine, Illinois, 1977

Christmas Eve, 2012!

Today I pay homage to a dear family friend, Marie Gallagher. She recently celebrated her 90th birthday.

I became friends with the Gallagher family in the early 70's.

Marie used to make this casserole and I loved it. She shared this recipe with me in 1977.

It's in my book of recipes that I started in Steamboat Springs, Colorado in 1974, when Jay Gallagher and I lived there.

Marie Gallagher's Curried Fruit Casserole, Palatine, Illinois, 1977.

1- 15 oz. can of Pears, sliced
1- 15 oz. can of Peaches, sliced
1- 15 oz. can of Apricots
1- 15 oz. can of Chunked Pineapple
1 small jar of Maraschino Cherries
1 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/3 C Melted Butter
Butter for greasing the pan

Drain all fruit, arrange lightly in a buttered casserole dish
Mix together, Curry,Brown Sugar and Melted Butter & pour over the fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. It can bake for 2-3 hours without harm

Thank you Marie, I know you celebrated a wonderful 90th birthday, with all of the kids!
I wish I could have been there!
And thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment