Sunday, July 30, 2017

Filled and Baked Zucchini Boats

I don't always have a recipe at hand when I need to use ingredients that I didn't plan for.
Today was a perfect example of that.
We had Zucchinis that needed to be eaten. I decided to make an impromptu filling with other ingredients I had available.


Filled and ready to Bake!
Baked!



Here's what I did:
I had 4 Zucchinis.
I cut the Zucchinis in half lengthwise and scooped out the inside of all 4 of them.

I had 2 Kale, Bean, Corn and Roasted Tomato Tamales.
I removed the Husks from the Tamales and diced the filling including the Masa Harina wrap.

I had a medium Onion, diced

I had Grated Parmesan Cheese and some Shredded Parmesan Cheese.

I had some Chipotle Lime Tortilla Panko Breadcrumbs.

And........ I always have Adobo Seasoning.

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Diced insides of the 4 Zucchinis
I diced the two halves of one of the Zucchinis and saved the other 6 halves to fill.

Add:
Diced Tamales
Diced Onion
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1 tsp of Adobo Seasoning
1/4 /C Grated Parmesan Cheese
Mix to combine well.

I heated about 3 TBS of Vegetable Oil in a Skillet on Medium High Heat.
Added the Mixture.
Sautée for about 8 - 10 minutes, until it started to get Golden Brown.

Fill the Zucchini Halves with filling.

Sprinkle them with some Shredded Parmesan and then Chipotle Crumbs.

I baked them in a small convection oven on our patio, for about 35 - 45 minutes.
It's too darned hot to use the big oven in the kitchen, in Texas!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment