Saturday, July 2, 2016

Hippy Granola Reposted

I posted one Granola Recipe called Hippy Maple Pecan.

Here's another one that's Far Out and from the 70's

1970's Hippy Granola:

I toasted the Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds and Wheat Germ
in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Stir them once and watch them carefully.
If I don't have Wheat Germ I've added Flaxseed. If I don't have Raisins I've added Dried Blueberries. You can substitute Pecans for Almonds, etc.
You can substitute ingredients as long as you keep the same amounts.

When I make this recipe, I double it. It never seems to last long.

2 C Rolled Oats
1 C Toasted Almonds
1/4 C Sesame Seeds
1/2 C Toasted Sunflower Seeds
1/2 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/4 C Toasted Wheat Germ
1 C Raisins
1/2 C Dried Cranberries
1/4 C Safflower Oil
1/2 C Honey

Mix together in a large bowl:
Oats
Nuts
Grains

Drizzle mixture with Oil
Drizzle with Honey
Toss together to coat evenly

Place the mixture on a rimmed sheet pan ( you know, the one with an edge), or in a Roaster.
Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees, stirring every ten minutes.
Return it to the bowl.
Add Coconut, Raisins and Cranberries, mix well.
Return to the Sheet Pan or Roaster , break up the clumps, spread evenly and cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen




No comments:

Post a Comment