Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mother's Cherry Cream Freeze Dessert

My mother always made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas beginning in the 50's.
It was my favorite dessert as a child.
Remembering Onnolee Mosher.

My mother made it in Aluminum Ice Cube Trays without the dividers.
I have a source for them, I will order some for this recipe.

Here's my Mother's recipe.
Cherry Cream Freeze:

1 1/3 C (15oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 C lemon juice
1- 12 oz. package of frozen sweet dark cherries.
3/4 C ( 1 9 oz. can) well drained crushed pineapple.
1/4 tsp almond extract.
2 C heavy cream, stiffly whipped.

In a large mixing bowl, combine:
milk
lemon juice
cherries
pineapple
almond extract
Mix well.

Gently fold in whipped cream.

Place mixture into a 9" x 5"x 3"  Loaf Pan.
Cover tightly with Foil
Freeze for 24 hours.
Dip pan half way in a pan of warm water to release.
Un mold onto a serving platter.
Slice to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment