Monday, November 16, 2015

Spinach Ball Hors d'oeuvres with my homemade Mustard Sauce

We host many parties and I'm always in search of interesting Hors d'oeuvres. Here's a new one to add to my collection of appetizers. I also have a recipe on the Blog for Artichoke Ball Hors d'oeuvres that was given to me by a neighbor.









Spinach Ball Hors d'oeuvres with my homemade Mustard Sauce

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
A Sheet Pan lined with Parchment Paper.
1 - 1 1/4" Cookie Scoop

2 - 10 oz. packages of Frozen Chopped Spinach. Thaw, drain and squeeze dry between paper towels. Separate the Spinach with a fork to loosen it. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.


Add:
2 C Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix.
1/4 C Finely diced Onion
3 Eggs
1 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
8 TBS Butter, melted
1/8 tsp Nutmeg

Mix well with a Blending Fork.
Cover with Plastic Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Use the Cookie Scoop to form Balls and drop them 1" apart onto the Sheet Pan.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until they begin to turn Golden Brown.

Serve with my homemade Mustard Sauce:


This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups.

4 TBS flour
8 TBS dry mustard
1 C boiling water
1 C sugar
1/2 C vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp of mustard seeds, according to taste.  (some of the seeds can be crushed) This makes a spicy Mustard. I use this in place of any traditional Mustard. I prefer the taste of Homemade Mustard.

In a Medium Mixing Bowl:

Flour
Dry Mustard
Whisk well.

Whisk in the boiling water.

Add:
Sugar
Vinegar
Salt
Whisk well.

Add Mustard Seed
Whisk well.
Allow to cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate before using.
Keep refrigerated in a jar!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment