Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vegetarian Meatloaf

I don't usually use a recipe when I make this, I substitute ingredients based on what I have available.
However, here's a general recipe that can be used.

1/2 package  (14oz. package) of vegetarian ground beef.
1- 12 ounce package of vegetarian burger crumbles

I sometimes add a cup of bulk vegetarian burger mix too.

1 onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 TBS vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 TBS vegetable oil
3 1/2 slices of bread, cubed. ( I sometimes use 1 C of Italian flavored bread crumbs)
1/3 C whole milk or Soy or Almond milk if you prefer.
1- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce for a topping, or your favorite Ketchup and brown sugar topping! ( I know you all have a recipe for that) Here's my Mother's favorite Sauce and you might just as well make it.....
Mix together:
3 TBS Brown Sugar
1/4 C Ketchup
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Dry Mustard
Pour over the loaf and bake.


350 degree pre heated oven.
Vegetable Spray for the Pan.

In a large bowl, combine the following, gently by hand:
Ground Beef
Crumbles
onion
eggs
Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
garlic powder
mustard
oil
bread or bread crumbs
milk

Spray a  4 3/4" X 8 1/4"  loaf pan with vegetable spray
Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in the pan
Pour tomato sauce ( or you favorite  sauce) on top. (My Mother's Sauce)
Bake for 1 hour.

This recipe is my favorite!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment