Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cranberry Mousse

I've been making this Original Recipe since 1985.
I've served it every Thanksgiving since then.
Every year my grandchildren ask if I've made it for Thanksgiving dinner, and I do!

I've tried to double the recipe and it doesn't work. If you need more, you make more!

Best of the Best!

Here's what you'll need:
A Stand Mixer or a Bowl with a Hand Mixer to make the Whipped Cream.

Cranberry Mousse:

1C Cranberry Juice
1- 3 oz. package of Raspberry Jello or,  (1/3 C or 6 TBS)
1- can (16oz.) Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1C Heavy Cream 
1 tsp Vanilla
1 TBS Confectioner's Sugar


In a saucepan:
Heat Juice to boiling
Stir in Jello until dissolved
Add Cranberry Sauce and cook until dissolved.
Transfer to a Bowl and Refrigerate until Thickened.

Whip the Cream and fold into the Jello Mixture.
Whipped Cream:  (the perfect Whipped Cream: 1C Heavy Cream, 1 tsp Vanilla, 1 TBS Confectioner's Sugar) In a Stand Mixer with a Whisk Attachment or  in a Bowl with a Hand Mixer.

Transfer to a Clear Serving Bowl to Serve.
Refrigerate covered until ready to serve

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment