Saturday, November 17, 2012

Adirondack Cranberry Conserve

I found this recipe in my collection and when I read, to combine in a jelly pot, I researched it.
We actually have one of these and I never new what it was for.
They are antique brass pots with handles. Mine holds pine cones!

Combine in a jelly pot:
2 finely chopped whole seedless oranges (peel included), 3 cups of Cranberry juice.
Fast Boil 20 minutes until the peel is tender.
Add 1.5 quarts ( 2- 12 ounce packages) of Cranberries.
1/2 C raisins
1/4 C sugar
Stir until the sugar dissolves.

Cook fast until volume reduces and fruit is almost jelly, about 8 minutes, stirring down boiling bubbles.

Add 1 C chopped Walnuts during the last 5 minutes of cooking, ( in Texas we add Pecans, Pecans to everything!)

Pour into hot sterilized 8 oz. jars leaving 1/4" space.
Makes about 9 cups.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!








No comments:

Post a Comment