Saturday, November 3, 2012

Soufflé Aux Pommes de Terre

The first recipe I chose from my Aunt's collection is :
Soufflé Aux Pommes de Terre

I was surprised to find a French Recipe in my Aunt's collection.
I knew she cooked for a fairly wealthy family and now I see that
they ate quite well.
I speak French, I began traveling to France in 1970.
We have returned to France many, many times, it's our vacation destination,
and we have friends throughout France.
It's possible that the connection between my love of cooking and my
love of France may very well have been influenced by Aunt Faye.

Soufflé Aux Pommes de Terre:
Add 1/2 C Cream to 2 C Mashed Potatoes -
Salt & Nutmeg.
Cook over low heat until very hot.
Remove from heat - add 2 TBS grated Parmesan or Swiss
Cheese.
Add 3 beaten Egg Yolks - one at a time beating well after each addition.
Cool - then fold in 4 well beaten Egg Whites.
Fill Buttered Baking Dish to 3/4 full and bake 375 degrees for 30 - 35 min.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment