Sunday, November 20, 2016

Individual Green Bean Casserole

I love Green Bean Casserole. It's such an Iconic American Recipe from the 1950's. We've enjoyed it at Thanksgiving since the 50's. I recently came across this concept to make individual servings. I think it's an incredible idea. We're adding it to our Thanksgiving menu this year.

Individual Green Bean Casserole
This recipe make 12 individual servings in either 2 - 6 C Muffin Tins or 1 - 12 C Muffin Tin.

NOTE:
When I made these for the first time, the recipe makes a lot of the Mixture.
I would try to find deeper Cupcake Pans or Muffin Tins. Popover Tins would be great too.
I simple added the additional Mixture to another Muffin Tin, topped it with
Crushed Crackers and Baked.

Make sure the crust cup dough is consistent in thickness. You can blind baking the Cups for 10 - 15 minutes to make sure they're  done and crispy.



Baked!



This is the Iconic All American Green Bean Casserole
Baked in a 9" X 13" Pan.
We all know it, we all grew up eating it
at every Thanksgiving Dinner.
Now we can enjoy it in Individual Servings!


Chopped Fresh Green Beans, no other will do!
This mixture has the texture of dough. I divided it into 12 balls ,
flattened them into a disc and used a Muddler to form the cups.



Cups are filled and topped with additional crushed Ritz Crackers.



Here's what you'll need:
1 - 12 C Muffin Tin sprayed with a Vegetable Cooking Spray.
A Food Processor
Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.

2 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers (set aside 6 Crackers)
5 C Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 C French Fried Onions, divided.
4 C Chopped Green Beans (Fresh or Frozen, thawed) Do not use Canned Green Beans.
1 1/2 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 C Whole Milk
Pepper to taste.


In a Food Processor:
All of the Crackers (Except the 6 Reserved)
1 C Fried Onions (Reserve the other Cup)
Pulse until it forms fine Crumbs.

Add:
1 C of the Condensed Soup.
Pulse until well combined.
It should have a Pliable consistency. (if too wet, add a small amount of crushed crackers.)

Put a Spoonful of the mixture into each Cup of the Muffin Tin.
Press and Mold it on the bottom and up the sides to form a Cup.

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Green Beans
Cheese
Milk
Remaining Condensed Soup
Remaining Fried Onions
Pepper to taste.
Mix well by hand.

Spoon the mixture evenly into the Cups.
Crush the remaining Reserved Crackers.
Top each Cup evenly with Crushed Crackers.

Bake 15 - 20 minutes, until Golden Brown.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this recipe! It has always been nearly impossible to get my kids to eat green beans. In tbe last 20 years, I have tried a ton of ways to cook them. But, kids always say, "No thank you." However, then I found this recipe. When I served them, my kids look at me with a face that is silently say, "Really mom, again?!" We have a rule in our home. If a new dish is put on the dinner table, everyone must at least try the new dish. Well, last year when I put the cups on the table, my kids gave me that, "Really mom, again with the green beans?" However, they had one bite, then a second bite, and the next thing I know they are all grabbed another cup! These were such a sucess, that I experimented, and replaced the gree beans with such veggies like spinach, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, and peas. You have to give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they embraced it. It was a success with our family too.

    ReplyDelete