Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hershey's Kiss Rolls from Christina Tosi

I travel to France........ a lot! I'm passionate about all things French and that includes the ever so amazing Pain Chocolat, or Croissant Chocolat! We're fortunate to have a local French Bistro and Bakery in our little Texas town where they make the very best of both of those, this side of the River Seine!
I just received my copy of Christina Tosi's new cookbook titled, Milk Bar Life. I love everything about it.
The first recipe I've chosen to post is her Hershey's Kiss Roll.
Why didn't I think of this?

Here's my adapted version of her recipe. I have not changed the integrity of the original recipe. I just use my own verbiage and format to write it.

Hershey's Kiss Roll

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1 - Bundt Pan. I recommend a simple design. Sprayed well with a non stick vegetable spray. I brush mine well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour.) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.



4 -(8oz.) tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls.
32 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped, of course!

Pop open the tubes of rolls on a clean kitchen surface.
Unravel the dough.
Separate the rolls.

With the palm of your hand, flatten out each triangle of dough.
Load each piece with a Hershey's Kiss.
Roll up the dough like a croissant.
Gather  the edges of the dough together up around the Kiss so it's completely enclosed.
No need to roll them into perfect shapes, keep them a bit rustic.
Place the dough packets snuggly into the pan, staggering each one's position and stacking them on top of each other in a zigzag pattern. It helps to load more into the pan.

Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is golden brown.

Remove the pan to a rack and allow to cool slightly before inverting the rolls onto a serving platter.

Break apart and........... eat!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment