Monday, November 19, 2018

Roasted Turnips

I happen to love Turnips. I serve them in two different ways. I grew up eating them mashed, mixed with mashed Rutabaga. My mother made this dish often. They were served with melted butter and I continue to make them that way.
I also like Roasted Root Vegetables whether alone or a Mixture.
Turnips are a great Roasted Vegetable Baked with Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil and Dried Thyme.







Roasted Turnips

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
A Sheet  Pan brushed with Vegetable Oil.

2 Large Turnips, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces.
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Place the Turnips in a Large Mixing Bowl

In a Small Bowl:
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Pour over the Turnips and Mix to combine well.

Transfer to the Sheet Pan.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Stir to mix well.
Return to Bake an additional 10 minutes.

Transfer to a Serving Bowl and serve Hot.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment