Thursday, November 1, 2018

7 Cans Soup


I recently discovered this Soup. There are variations on the title but I settled for this one.
I happen to love Soup and I try to make some every week during Fall and Winter. I do have Summer favorites too but I love Soup during cold weather.
I love the simplicity of this one and the variety of ingredients.
You can personalize it to your own taste but I would try to stick to the "7 Cans" concept.


The beginning of 7 Cans Soup in a Crock Pot.


An image of Ree Drummond's Soup



I've added a Vegetarian twist to mine.

Here's what you'll need:
A Cast Iron Dutch Oven or a Soup Pot.
Purchase full sized Cans for the recipe.



1 Can of Vegetarian Chili

I prefer these to others that only have vegetable in them. This has textured protein. It's
closer to my homemade vegetarian Chili.


1 Can of Pinto Beans
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Kidney Beans
1 Can of Mexi Corn

This is an 11oz. can.


1 Can of Rotel
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
8 oz. of Velveeta Cheese, cubed.



Garnishes:
Crushed Tortillas Chips
Sliced Green Onions
Sour Cream

Do not Drain any of the Cans.

Pour all of the Canned ingredients into the Soup Pot.
Stir to combine well.

Bring to a gentle boil.
Reduce Heat and Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add:
Cheese Cubes.
Stir well until completely melted and well combined.

To transport:
Transfer to a Crock Pot on Low.

Ladle into individual Serving Bowls.
Top with the Garnishes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment