Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Texas Holiday Pecans

I have so many recipes for Sweet and Savory Nuts. This is just another recipe that can be served during the Holidays.
I have to start out by saying that the process is not easy trying to get the Baked Pecans off of the Foil as they begin to cool.
I may be the only person that has the patience to get these made.
But, for me, it's well worth the outcome.

No other Syrup will give you the flavor that this does.


Texas Holiday Pecans

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the Oven to 325 degrees.
Silicone Spatulas
A Rimmed Sheet Pan lined with Foil.

6 TBS Lyle's Golden Syrup
1 1/2 TBS Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 1/2 TBS Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
3 C Pecan Halves

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Syrup
Granulated Sugar
Brown Sugar
Salt
Black Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Stir well with a Silicone Spatula.

Fold in Pecans until well coated. Only use a Silicone Spatula. I keep a Measuring Cup filled with Hot Water available to keep the Spatulas in.

I'll try to explain this as best I can:

Lyle's Syrup is very thick. It may seem difficult to mix in the Pecans.
I mix the coating in a 4 C Pyrex Measuring Cup with a Silicone Spatula.
After to Pecans are folded in, I heated it in a Microwave for about 30 seconds to thin the mixture.
Stir again to coat well.


Spread out onto the Sheet Pan in a single layer.

Just out of the oven.

These are on the Marble cooling.


Bake 5 minutes.
Stir well.
Continue Baking for an additional 10 minutes.

Remove Pan to a Rack or Stovetop.
Continue stirring and breaking up the pieces as they cool.
They become very sticky and difficult to get off the Foil.

I transfer them immediately to a large piece of Marble that we have on our counter top.
It's the best way to allow them to cool.
I just kept separating them as they cooled.

I haven't tried baking them on a Silpat Liner but that may help to release them as they cool


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment