Monday, November 20, 2017

Green Bean Casserole

This is the original recipe for the traditional Green Bean Casserole that I make for Thanksgiving.
I'm only posting this so I have it in my Blog to use each time I want to make it.
It was created in 1955 by Dorcas Reilly, an employee at Campbell's Soup Company. It was an entry for a Casserole Contest.
My Grandmother and Mother both made it every Thanksgiving and I have continued the family tradition.


This is the Classic Recipe. We have it every year for Thanksgiving. 



Traditional Green Bean Casserole


Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 8" X 8" Casserole Dish lightly greased.

3 - 14.5oz. cans of Cut Green Beans, drained.  (4 C)  I also have used the equivalent of  Cooked Fresh Green Beans.
1 - 10.5 oz. can of Cream of Mushroom Soup

1/2 C Whole Milk
1 tsp Soy Sauce
A dash of Black Pepper
1 1/3C  French's French Fried Onions

In a Large Mixing Bowl:

Beans
Soup
Milk
Soy Sauce
Pepper
2/3 C of the Onions
Mix Well.

Transfer to the Casserole Dish.
Bake 25 minutes.

Remove from Oven.
Stir Gently.

Top with  remaining French Fried Onions.
Return to the Oven and Bake an additional 5 minutes. (until Golden Brown)

Serve Hot.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment