Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Vintage Cake Recipe

In keeping with the Blog's dedication to my Aunt Faye, I've been researching Vintage Cake Recipes.
Here's one of my favorites!

Oatmeal Cake (1958)

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" X 13" Glass Baking Pan, sprayed with a Vegetable Cooking Spray or Brush well with my Pan Release Mix:
Equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour. I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a Jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs. It's the only Pan Release I've used in 26 years.

In a small Mixing Bowl:
1 C Oatmeal
Add:
1/2 C Boiling Water, do not stir.
Set aside to cool.

In a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment:

16 TBS Softened Butter
1 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Mix just until combined.

Add:
Oatmeal
Mix just until incorporated.
Spoon into the Pan.

In a small Bowl:
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C Roughly Chopped Pecans
Mix well.
Sprinkle evenly over the Batter.

Bake for 45 minutes.
Transfer to a Rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


















No comments:

Post a Comment