Thursday, December 24, 2015

Egg Nog

I have several recipes for homemade Egg Nog. I recently saw this video for a new Egg Nog recipe and I think this could be my favorite one. I decided to post the link to a video showing how to make it. This Egg Nog mixture is prepared by heating the base. I've never used this method. I think this may be the best homemade Egg Nog I've ever seen.
I hope all of you that love Egg Nog as much as I do will try this.
In the video the recipe is doubled.




https://youtu.be/LBAM9PR1DIQ


In the Video the following recipe was doubled:

4 C Whole Milk
2 C Heavy Cream
2/3 C Granulated Sugar
6 Egg Yolks
A Pinch of Salt


6 TBS Granulated Sugar
6 Egg Whites

1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Vanilla


In a Saucepan on medium heat:
Milk
Cream
Heat just until warm.

In a mixing bowl:
2/3 C Sugar
Egg Yolks
Salt
Whisk well until the Yolks are creamy and pale yellow.

Ladle a bit of the warm Milk into the Egg Yolks.
Whisk constantly until well combined.
Add the Yolk mixture back to the Saucepan.
Heat until it reaches 160 degrees using a Candy Thermometer.
Remove from the heat.
Allow to cool completely.

In a large Copper or Stainless Steel Bowl, or a Stand Mixer with a Whisk Attachment:
Egg Whites
6 TBS Sugar
Beat to Soft Peak.

Stir the Nutmeg and Vanilla into the Milk/Egg base.
Fold in the Egg Whites until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment