Monday, June 9, 2014

Grandma Thiessen's Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

I've been going through some of my vintage recipe cards. Today I found this  cake recipe that  my mother in law used to make. We think my wife wrote this recipe card when she was in High School.
Our daughter just asked if we still have the recipe. She remembered her Grandmother making it every time she visited her. The tradition continues.
It's another vintage family recipe that are some of my favorites. It's easy and delicious.
When it says to grease the pan, they used to grease it with Crisco. Today we use a Vegetable Cooking Spray. I use my Pan Release Mix ( equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil, Flour). I start with 1 C of each and keep it refrigerated . I always have it available for all of my baking needs.







Here's what you'll need:
1 - 9" X 13" , greased baking pan

Mayonnaise Cake:

Combine 1 C Sugar, 2 C Flour, 1/4 C Cocoa and 2 tsp Baking Soda.
Mix 1 C Mayonnaise and 1 C warm Water and 1 tsp Vanilla.
Add Dry Ingredients
Bake in Greased Pan at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment