Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Classic Deviled Egg

I love Deviled Eggs. I remember my Grandmother serving these Classic Deviled Eggs at every Summer Picnic in Michigan.
She also made them at Easter.
I've included a picture of a fun version of Deviled Eggs for Halloween.

Classic Deviled Eggs:

To make it easier we buy Hard Boiled Eggs that are already Peeled. I also have an Egg Slicer Notion that easy cuts the Eggs in Half, Quarters or Sliced. 



This is the Blue Multi-function Egg Slicer that I have, and it's incredible.








12 Boiled Eggs, cut in half, lengthwise
6 TBS Mayonnaise
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
1/2 tsp White Vinegar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Paprika for Garnish.

In a Small Mixing Bowl:
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Whisk well.

In another Bowl:
Egg Yolks
Mash Well.
Add the Mayonnaise Mixture.
Stir to combine until Creamy Smooth.

Spoon the mixture into a Piping Bag with a Decorative Tip and Pipe it into the Egg Halves.
Sprinkle with a bit of Paprika. ( I have a small Conical Strainer to make it easy to sprinkle a bit of Paprika on the Eggs.
Arrange them on a Traditional Deviled Egg Platter to serve.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment