Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cucumber Mint Lemonade

We had lunch at a very cool place in California. They serve interesting variations of Lemonade.
I like unsweetened Lemonade and this was really good. It's not for everyone because the infused flavors are very recognizable.

This recipe makes 2 quarts and is sugar free.
I had their sugar free version and I absolutely loved it.
I will make this when I return to Texas and will drink it throughout the summer.
If you prefer a sweet version, add 1 C of Sugar at the beginning just before blending.


2 Cucumbers, roughly chopped (at least 2 1/2 C)
1 1/2 C roughly chopped Fresh Mint leaves
2 C fresh squeezed Lemon Juice ( approximately 10 lemons)
3 C Water
Served over Ice.
Garnish with additional Mint and Cucumber if desired.


In a Blender:
Cucumbers
Mint
Lemon Juice
Press it down into the blender.
Pulse.
Blend for 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.

Strain the mixture through a sieve, into a pitcher.
They kept a bit of the pulp in it. I like it that way and will keep a bit in my drink.
It should make about 5 cups.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!










No comments:

Post a Comment