Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baked Artichoke - Jalapeno Parmesan Dip / Ellise Pierce

Baked Artichoke - Jalapeño Parmesan Dip / Ellise Pierce

I was checking out some of my favorite blogs this morning and I love to keep in touch with a fellow Texan, fellow Francophile and friend, Ellise Pierce. She is the author of Cowgirl Chef, Texas Cooking with a French Accent. If you haven't gotten a copy of her cookbook, I highly recommend it. I refer to Ellise as my "friend".  Have you ever met someone for the first time and you feel a kindred spirit? That's how I felt when I first met her. I took a cooking class from Ellise and immediately felt that I had known her all my life. We share our Texas roots and our love of France. Anne and I met her in Paris on one of our vacations there.  I love everything she cooks and I like the way she teaches cooking! We keep in touch and she has published one of my recipes in her column. Ellise, Merci pour tout ce que tu fait dans la cuisine!
A la prochaine classe!


I love this recipe!
Ellise talks about her love for rustic and vintage cookware. You know, those vintage bowls and bakeware that your grandmother and great grandmother mixed recipes in and baked in? Those well used pieces of bakeware that you find in French Flea Markets? Well, I have the same passion. My latest is baking in a Bram and I will bake this recipe in my Bram.





Baked Artichoke-Jalapeno Parmesan Dip
INGREDIENTS
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
4 cloves garlic
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup plain or Greek yogurt
10-12 sliced jalapenos (pickled)
10 sundried tomatoes
¼ teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
WHAT YOU DO
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a food processor, puree the garlic until finely chopped. Add sun dried tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped. Add artichoke hearts and jalapeno peppers and pulse one or two times, making sure not to puree the artichoke hearts or peppers. You want this to be chunky.
In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.

 Fold the artichoke-pepper mixture into the bowl, mix well and pour into a baking dish. 

Sprinkle more grated Parmesan on top.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top starts to brown.
Serve with toasted pita chips, or crispy bread – and champagne!
this is my Bram, it's one of my favorite baking dishes

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment