Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sweet Onion Casserole

I have so many recipes using Onions. I have an entire Cookbook dedicated to them.
Here's my latest recipe with Onions.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the Oven to 375 degrees.
A 2 qt. Casserole Dish. I have a favorite Bram that I use for Casseroles and Gratins.
Vegetable Cooking Spray
2 tbs. of Vidalia Sweet Onions, large chop. You'll see them in my photos here.
3 TBS Flour
2 C Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1/2 C Crushed Ritz Crackers
2 TBS Butter, melted.



These are the cut Onions. They're cut minimally and then I pick apart the Petals.


I sprinkle the flour using a small Sieve.


Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Ground Sea Salt.

2 Cups of Heavy Cream distributed evenly.


Crushed and Buttered Crackers distributed evenly.

Baked!


In the Casserole:
Onions

Add:
Flour, sprinkled evenly over the Onions. I use a small Sieve. Do Not Stir.
Salt and Pepper to taste. Do Not Stir.

Add:
Cream evenly. Do Not Stir.

In a Small Bowl:
Crushed Crackers
Melted Butter
Mix well.

Sprinkle the top evenly with the Cracker Mixture.

Bake 45 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment