Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Gazpacho



This one is a very Cool Recipe from the 60's.
It was so upbeat and different for the time man.
I've adapted it without compromising the original recipe.





Gazpacho

Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon (I Zest the Lemon with a Rasp)
2 Green Bell Peppers, seeded and diced.
1 Cucumber, peeled and cubed
2 lbs. Tomatoes, seeded  and cut unto chunks.
1 Large Onion, Diced
1 tsp Garlic Salt ( I use Trader Joe's Seasoning Salt or Lawry's)
2 TBS White Vinegar
2 TBS Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste.
1- 11.5 oz. Can of V8 Juice or 1 1/2 C.  OR:  (We've recently discovered Zing Zing Bloody Mary Mix...... this would be delicious in this recipe.) Just use the same amount as the V8.

NOTE:
For Garnish, additional Diced Onion, Diced Cucumber, Chopped Fresh Parsley and Croutons.

In a Small Food Processor: (I Pulse each of the ingredients separately so I can control the pieces) You don't want to liquify the mixture. 

I start with Tomatoes (and I spoon each ingredient into a Large Glass Bowl.
Pulse the remainder of the ingredients in the following order:
Cucumbers
Bell Peppers
Onion

Add:
Lemon Juice & Zest
Vinegar
Olive Oil

Add:
Garlic Salt (I use Trader Joe's Seasoning Salt)
Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Stir to combine well.

Add:
V8 Juice
Stir to combine well.

Transfer to a Large Glass Jar.
I add additional Tomato Juice to get it to a consistency that I like.
I also add additional Spices like Adobo Seasoning, Salt and Pepper.
Customize it to your personal taste.
Refrigerate until completely Chilled.



Ladle into individual serving bowls.
Garnish with Diced Onions, Diced Cucumber, Chopped Fresh Parsley and Croutons.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment