Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thiessen Family Dip

My wife is from Kansas and her maiden name was Thiessen. We visit our relatives often and when we do, we gather together and share food and recipes. I had this dip for the first time many, many years ago. Three of our nieces prepared it and when I asked for the name and the recipe, they simply said, "it's the Thiessen family dip."
I thought I had previously posted the recipe on the Blog, apparently I didn't.
Thank you Amy, Heather and Becky for sharing this delicious dip.



Thiessen Family Dip:

2 - 8 oz. packages of Cream Cheese, softened.
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced.
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced.
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
1 Can of Corn, drained.
2 small cans of sliced Black Olives, drained.
1 Envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip or 3 TBS of the Powdered Mix.

In a Medium mixing bowl:
Cream Cheese
Hidden Valley
Mix well.
Add:
Bell Peppers
Corn
Mix well by hand.

Fold in Olives by hand.
Mix well.

Serve with Potato Chips, Pita Chips or Crackers.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment