Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Chunky Tomato Soup

I have a great recipe on my Blog for my original Tomato Basil Soup. It's a complicated recipe but the end result is my Best of the Best Tomato Basil Soup. I have other recipes on the Blog for Tomato Soup and here's my latest one that's easy and delicious.


Tomatoes and Carrots

Tomatoes, Carrots and Onions






Chunky Tomato Soup

7 C Canned Diced Tomatoes with juice, or (4 - 15oz.) cans of Diced Tomatoes with juice.
(I've also used a 6 lb. 6 oz. Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes with the juice, I use my hands to break them into large chunks)

1 C roughly chopped Carrots
1 C roughly chopped Onions
2 Cubes of Vegetable Bouillon
3 TBS Butter
3 TBS Flour
1 C Whole Milk
2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Fresh Chopped Basil for Garnish

In a large Soup Pot on medium high heat:
Tomatoes
Carrots
Onions
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add:
Bouillon

In a saucepan on low heat:
Butter, until melted.
Whisk in Flour until it begins to thicken.
Slowly whisk in Milk.
Continue heating and whisking for at least 5 minutes.
Add to the Tomatoes.
Stir until combined.

Add:
Basil
Black Pepper

Simmer on low for 1 hour.

Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with fresh chopped Basil.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment