Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baked Artichoke Bruschetta from Brooklyn's Flatbush Farm & Bar (N)

Baked Artichoke Bruschetta:

After I made this, I made some notes with the photographs below. I really need to re write the recipe.
I've adapted it slightly, not changing the integrity of the original recipe.
I love recipes from Cafes, Bistros and Bars.
I recently discovered recipes from Brooklyn's Flatbush Farm & Bar (N).
They use fresh and organic products.
I also posted their recipe for Rhubarb Rice Pudding.


2 large jalapeƱos, small dice
4 (9oz.) boxes of frozen artichokes, thawed, drained, finely chopped.
After making this I realized that the artichokes need to be well chopped. The pieces were too large to enjoy as a spread. I ended up pulsing them in a food processor. You won't have to do this if you chop them well in the beginning. I also felt that the taste was a bit bland. I would add more spice in some way. I tasted a lot of lemon. I may increase the Tabasco the next time and maybe try adding some Adobo Seasoning and a can of Diced Green Chiles. After all, I live in Texas!

3/4 C mayonnaise
3/4 C fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
1 C shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Slices of Toasted French Baguette

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl:
Artichokes
Jalapeno
Mayonnaise
3/4 C Parmesan Cheese
Garlic
Lemon Juice
Lemon Zest
Salt
Tabasco Sauce
Mix Well

Pour into a 1 quart Gratin Dish
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
1C White Cheddar Cheese and broil for 2 minutes until browned and bubbly.

Serve on toasted slices of French Baguette Bread.








This is before it's baked, I'll post a picture of the final dish when I finish it.
We served this and then I realized that it needed something different, based on texture and taste.
The bottom photograph is the final appetizer after I re did it.


This is after I re made it. I pulsed it in a food processor, re baked it.
I added more Cheese to the top and broiled it again.
When I'm ready to serve this dip, I will fold in a can of Diced Green Chiles.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment