Sunday, April 7, 2013

Summer Berry Bundt Cake

Summer is coming!
Warmer weather
Cool Evenings
Blue Skies
Green Grass
Cool Breezes
Backyard Picnics
Picnics at the Lake
Berry Picking

These are all things that I remember from my childhood in Michigan.
I wrote about American Picnics and I should have included this recipe.

I decided to keep it separate so it would make it special.

Summer Berry Bundt Cake:

5 Eggs
1 2/3 C Sugar
1 1/4 C Butter, room temperature, cut into pieces.
2 TBS Kirsch or any Fruit Liqueur
2 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
a pinch of Salt
1 1/2 C Fresh Raspberries
1 1/2 C Fresh Blueberries or Blackberries ( or a combination of all three)
Powdered Sugar for presentation

Prepare a 9" Bundt Pan ( I use my Pan Release Recipe posted here on the blog under Hints and Tips)
I use a Bundt Pan with a simple design. This cake doesn't require a fancy design.

In a large bowl with a Hand Mixer, blend:
Eggs
Sugar
Add Butter and Liqueur and beat until creamy
Add Flour ( reserving 2 TBS for the Berries)
Baking Powder
Salt
Beat until well incorporated.

In a separate bowl, combine:
Berries with the 2 TBS of reserved Flour
Toss to coat well
Gently fold the Berries into the Batter

Pour the Batter into the prepared pan
Bake at 325 degrees about 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Remove, Cool for 30 minutes and then un mold onto a rack to cool completely.

Transfer to a serving platter and dust with Powdered Sugar.
Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment