Saturday, January 12, 2019

Tex - Mex Slaw

I'm trying not to eat Mayonnaise so I've been researching recipes with alternative ingredients that still provide a delicious dish.

Here's my first one:
I love Cole Slaw but it's traditionally made with Mayonnaise.
This recipe doesn't have any and it's a great Slaw.





I want to point out that you're not using a Chili Powder rather, Chile.
There are a variety of Chile Powder's to choose from.
I like the Chile Powder from Chimayo, New Mexico.


Tex-Mex Slaw

1 Head of Cabbage, shredded
6 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 Red Onion, diced
1/2 C  of Diced, Pickled Jalapeño Slices, + 2 TBS of the Juice (Dice them before measuring 1/2 C.)
1/2 C fresh Lime Juice
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 tsp. Chile Powder (Not Chili) There's a distinct difference.
1/4 C Chopped Cilantro

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Cabbage
Tomatoes
Onion
Jalapeños
Jalapeño Juice
Lime Juice
Vinegar
Chile Powder

Mix Well.
Refrigerate at least 1 Hour.
Remove from refrigerator and fold in the Cilantro.
Mix well when serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment