Thursday, March 23, 2017

Grandma Knight's Cole Slaw


Cole Slaw and Dressing:

And just when I think I've seen the best Cole Slaw Dressing, I come up with another one. This tells me that there are so many varieties and you just have to try some and choose your favorite.
Here's my memory of my Grandmother's Cole Slaw and I'm making this for Easter 2017.


This was my Grandmother's Wooden Cole Slaw Bowl
and Chopping Blade. 



1 Head of Green Cabbage, shredded and Chopped (I do it by hand like my Grandmother did.) (I also chop it in a Food Processor.)
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped.
2 Medium Carrots, peeled and Grated on a Box Grater.

1/2 C White Vinegar
1/2 C Real Mayonnaise
1/2 C Sour Cream
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
1 TBS Granulated Sugar
1 TBS Caraway Seeds or Celery Seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste.

In a Small Bowl:
Onion
Vinegar
Stir to combine well.
Set aside for 1 hour at Room Temperature.

In another Large Serving Bowl
Mayonnaise
Sour Cream
Mustard
Sugar
Seeds
Whisk well.

Add:
Cabbage
Carrots
Onion/Vinegar Mix
Toss well.
Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment