Monday, June 6, 2016

Tex - Mex Deviled Eggs

I can't ever remember a family gathering when we didn't have Deviled Eggs. We had them for every Holiday too. The tradition has continued and we can never make enough of them. They go quickly. So... I've never changed the recipe that my Mother and Grandmother made.
For some reason, these are appealing to me. Maybe it's the influence of Guacamole as a staple appetizer in Texas. We can never seem to make enough Guacamole either. So putting them together makes sense to me.





Tex - Mex Deviled Eggs

First, I have to admit that once we discovered that we can buy Hard Boiled Eggs that are already peeled, we have never boiled our own eggs. If you have them available, you make want to try them. It certainly makes the recipe easier and quicker. Otherwise, you'll have to Boil Eggs according to the method you've been doing for years. I could write an entire post on the perfect Hard Boiled Egg but, I won't.

6 Hard Boiled Eggs, Yolks scooped out and mashed.
2 Ripe Avocados, Scooped and mashed.
1 TBS Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
1 TBS Sour Cream
1 TBS Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 finely diced Jalapeño Pepper
1 TBS Finely Chopped Chives
1 Finely chopped Green Onion set aside for Garnish.
Adobo All Purpose Seasoning for Garnish.

In a medium glass mixing bowl:
Mashed Avocado
Mashed Egg Yolks
Whisk well.

Add:
Lime Juice
Salt
Sour Cream
Whisk again.

Fold in:
Jalapeño
Chives

At this stage, I spoon it into a Piping Bag to fill the Egg White Halves with a generous portion of the filling.
You can also fill them using a spoon.
Transfer to a Serving Platter.

Sprinkle with Green Onion.
Sprinkle with Adobo Seasoning.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment