Monday, September 1, 2014

Cabbage Slaw

I reposted the Cabbage Slaw recipe and two others for Cole Slaw on the blog, because I just made the Cabbage Slaw and added pictures.
I doubled the recipe and it made a lot. I ended up making three of the dressing recipes for the amount of cabbage I had. I used 2 very large heads of cabbage.





Cabbage Slaw:

This is my favorite Slaw.
I've been making it for 10 years.
I make it often.

It's fairly simple and the end result is tasty.

1 Head of Cabbage,shredded
1 Onion, chopped
3/4 C Sugar

I use an 80 oz. Pickle Jar or a Crock to make this in.

Place the shredded Cabbage in a Jar or a Crock.
Sprinkle the Sugar over the Cabbage

Heat: In a Saucepan
1 C White Vinegar
3/4 C Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Sugar of the Sugar (the remaining is poured over the top after the dressing goes on.
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 tsp Celery Salt

Pour this mixture over the Cabbage.
Do not stir it.
Cover it with a top or a plate and leave it stand at room temperature overnight.

I often double this recipe because we love it!

Store refrigerated

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

The jar is an 80 Pickle Jar and the Crocks are large.
This made a huge amount of slaw.

This is a Crockery Bread Bowl that's 13" X 6".
This is a lot of slaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment