Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pappy's Christmas Cookies

I had to borrow this from Vintage Recipes.
My Grandchildren call me Pappy.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to post it.
I've taken liberty to adapt part of  the recipe to update it, not changing the integrity of the original.

2 C Granulated  Sugar
1 C Butter, softened
3 Eggs
Mix Well, in a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment

Add:
1 C Buttermilk mixed with 1 tsp of Baking Soda
Mix until just incorporated

Add:
Zest and Juice of 2 Oranges
Mix until just incorporated

Gradually Add:
4 1/4 C sifted Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

Refrigerate Dough for 30 minutes

Using a 1 1/2" Cookie Scoop drop the Cookies 2" apart on a Parchment Paper lined Sheet Pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned.

Icing:
In a small bowl, Mix:
1 pound of Confectioner's Sugar
2 tsp Butter, melted
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
Mix well and Frost the Cookies

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment