Saturday, November 30, 2013

America's favorite Cole Slaw!




I'm sharing this recipe from,( I Love Texas Recipes), a blog that I follow.
I love Cole Slaw along with my entire family. This is the Cole Slaw we all grew up eating. Thank you ( I Love Texas Recipes) for sharing and bringing back so many picnic memories from my childhood. This is what food blogging is all about.

1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup milk 1/4 cup buttermilk 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (approx. 1 head) 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot) 2 tablespoons minced onion Directions: * Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped into very fine pieces (a little bigger than rice) * Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in large bowl. Beat until smooth * Add cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well. * Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, if you let it sit over night it's even better.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment