Monday, April 29, 2013

Red Cabbage, Red Wine & Apples

I collect recipes, I write recipes, I share recipes, I have a large collection of recipe books and I have stacks of written recipes that I have no idea where they came from.

I recently found this one.
I have no idea where it came from. It could be Aunt Faye's, it could have come from my mother in law, it may have come from a Mennonite Cookbook, I may have even created it myself!

It is still appealing to me no matter where I got it, so I'll share it!

Red Cabbage with Red Wine and Apples

2 TBS Butter
1 Large Red Cabbage, shredded
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
2 Tart Green Apples, wedged
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1 C Hearty Burgundy Wine

In a large Dutch Oven, I used a large All Clad Saute Pan
Melt Butter
Add Onion , cook until tender, about 3 minutes
Add Cabbage, cook about 5 - 8 minutes
Add Apples
Add Wine
Add Cloves
Stir
Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
Season with Salt and Pepper ( I sprinkled the top with Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper)


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment